Saturday, October 20, 2007

i killed her 35 years ago....

Its more than 35 years but I still remember every frame of that ghastly evening….I must be around 11 or 12 then…..I cried incessantly for more than an hour… till the night zoomed in around me…. I didn’t take food that night….I remember…..it was dead of the night….and I was awake….still shocked….how could it happen…. How could I be so accurate….I never intended it….but….it happened….I was not at all ready to believe it…. It was such a nice playful evening as ever….I was playing with my friends in that private garden of one of them….hitting rubber ball at one another….I was always a good sport…..as the evening matured, the game was coming to an end, when I saw a bird sitting far away (it was a bulbul perhaps), it was around 12 to 15 feet away…and I playfully took a small stone and flew it towards the bird….and to my utter disbelief in a fraction of a second the bird fell on the ground like a lump…. I ran towards the bird….and there it was lying dead….. I was aghast….what happened…. I seemed confused….and within minutes I realized what I had done… taking the bird in my palm I cried and cried and finally graved it in that very garden where it was chirping a few minutes before….

Last evening when I was enjoying a sunset…. I shot this bulbul (off course with a camera)….the bird too seemed in a very pensive mood….watching the fireball go down….and watching the bird in such a gloom was no less than a sentence for me….once again I felt like crying for the bird I killed 35 years ago…..

3 comments:

Naresh Soni said...

Amazing Sir...
Its so touching...

Let the bygone be bygone...

Unknown said...

Hello Sir,
I hope you could remember me but to my dismay I'hd never had a chance to have an encounter with the way Naresh did..And had it not been Naresh I would never have come to know about the person who for me was a very simple and nice person at heart in the past and presently is a Superb photographer and a marvellous writer who pens down thoughts with emotions....Hats off to you sir...

who cares... said...

hi priya
how are you....
thank you so much for those beautifully worded compliments....
how is life ??? job...???
best wishes and warm regards
sunder